Monday, May 16

Scattered

It's Monday morning and I am currently snuggled up in a blanket on our bed.


This morning I'm feeling so scattered. I can't remember priorities or beliefs or my foundation. Everything is shaken up. I heard about a family who lost their child this past week. My heart aches for them. I don't even know them, but I am suddenly thrown because I know their grief. I know their pain. I know what their life looks like right now and I cannot help but fall on my knees before the Father, interceding for them... praying for everything that they're going through right now.


This is not an "Oh, I stubbed my toe" kind of moment.


This is life when hurt isn't even the right word.


When the bottom falls out after you lose your baby, you cannot even see that up is even an option.


Something that I have learned is that the Lord is gentle. He lovingly and sweetly combs His fingers through my hair when I cannot even catch my breath. Jesus sings love, joy, and comfort over my sleeping and my waking. He stands in the gap where we have fallen.






Let the Lord speak this psalm over your heart today.



{For as high as the heavens are above the earth,
   so great is his love for those who fear him; 
 as far as the east is from the west,
   so far has he removed our transgressions from us.
  As a father has compassion on his children,
   so the LORD has compassion on those who fear him; 
 for he knows how we are formed,
   he remembers that we are dust. 
 The life of mortals is like grass,
   they flourish like a flower of the field; 
 the wind blows over it and it is gone,
   and its place remembers it no more. 
 But from everlasting to everlasting
   the LORD’s love is with those who fear him,
   and his righteousness with their children’s children— 
 with those who keep his covenant
   and remember to obey his precepts.
  The LORD has established his throne in heaven,
   and his kingdom rules over all.
  Praise the LORD, you his angels,
   you mighty ones who do his bidding,
   who obey his word. 
 Praise the LORD, all his heavenly hosts,
   you his servants who do his will. 
 Praise the LORD, all his works
   everywhere in his dominion.
   Praise the LORD, my soul.}
-Psalm 103: 11-22

Did you enjoy this?
Share the love.
Click twice to vote!

We Are Top Baby Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment