It's been such fun, special time for my sweet baby to experience this season.
In the midst of celebration I found myself getting so caught up in the logistics and timing and how things should look rather than my heart.
I feel like I missed out on God's blessings because I was so busy making sure we saw everyone, got the right gifts, and got to everything on time.
Ben, Elwood, and I spent Christmas morning in bed reading the book of Luke's account of Jesus' birth.
It was refreshing to open God's word as a family. Something that we don't get to do as often as I'd like. I'm making it my goal and resolution for 2013 for the following things:
1. Spend more time with family with no strings attached.
2. Open the Word as a family every day.
3. Say "no" more often. (We are WAY too busy.)
4. Spend more time in nourishing relationships.
5. Take time to grow spiritually, physically, and emotionally more healthy.
6. Invest in deeply rooted relationships with other women.
7. Take a beach vacation!
And lastly, to blog more often. To put more of my thoughts together and explore different avenues of writing.
Until next year...