Thursday, January 17

Called

Funny how God surprises me daily.

I planned out my goals for 2013 and had this idea of how things would go. 2012 was a wonderful but very hard year and I was down right determined to see 2013 become something new.

New it is.

Only 17 days in and God has already surprised me with what He has planned. I feel like new year's eve was eons ago.

Something encouraging about this year thus far is that I'm actually sticking with my goals. I'm eating healthier and exercising. I'm saying "no" more often. I've spent time with my husband. I met with a group of girls and I feel so encouraged.

But even with a list of things to accomplish that I think will make my life better, it has still been a huge struggle.

Huge.

I'm not throwing the list out the window and I'm not starting over because I think God really led me to write that list and stick to it, but God also is teaching me that the list isn't going to change my life, HE is.

All of the things on my list lead me in the right direction, encourage me, spur me on, get me healthy emotional and physically... But God told me, "I wish it were that easy, but it's not."

Following Christ, being His disciple, and living out faith requires so much more. It is pushing me to new heights. Do I really believe? Am I really following? Am I abiding?

I've been listening to a song by All Sons and Daughters on repeat. It has really spoken to my heart about where God has me.

You Have Called Me Higher


  • I could just sit
  • I could just sit and wait for all your goodness
  • Hope to feel your presence
  • And I could just stay
  • I could just stay right where I am and hope to feel you
  • Hope to feel something again
  • And I could hold on
  • I could hold on to who I am and never let You change me from the inside
  • And I could be safe
  • I could be safe here in Your arms and never leave home
  • Never let these walls down
  • But you have called me higher
  • You have called me deeper
  • And I will go where you will lead me Lord
  • You have called me higher
  • You have called me deeper
  • And I will go where you lead me Lord
  • Where you lead me
  • Where you lead me Lord
  • And I will be Yours
  • I will be Yours for all my life
  • So let Your mercy light the path before me
  • 1 comment:

    1. Wow, beautiful post. And beautiful song. I haven't heard it before, but love it. Thank you for stopping by my blog!

      ReplyDelete