Monday, October 17

The Father's love

Wow! The would be the word to describe the past week. Wow...


We've had some major milestones in the last week. We celebrated Aiden's 1st birthday, we remembered the last year without Aiden, and we rejoiced with dear friends and family with music to raise money for Banebow.

Aiden's Audience (our benefit concert) was beyond amazing. I looked around the room last night and just couldn't wrap my mind around the Father's love for us. The sermon at church earlier that morning was on the Father's love and I took some notes for my sister who couldn't be there and I didn't really think about what Jim was saying but wrote down some things to pass on.

I wasn't realizing that God was taking that morning to speak love over me.

I know so often I write in my blog about not noticing God right away or having to learn some lessons the hard way.

Truth be told, I am quite hard headed. God has brought me through a lot in the last year and you'd think I'd be more open and seeking after the Spirit but I'm still this little child that pushes away from Dad all too often.

I desire so badly to experience intimacy with Jesus and to drive whole-heartedly into His presence but I let myself get in the way and I don't communicate.

In Luke 15 Jesus tells a parable of the prodigal son. The younger son demands his inheritance early, so the father splits it between the oldest and younger sons. The younger son goes and spends everything he has received and squanders this gift that his dad had given him even though he didn't deserve it. He then returns to his dad and says he'll work as a servant because he had nothing left.

Not only does his father bring him back into his household, but he throws a celebration of his return! He throws a huge party and celebrates his son.

Oh how I desire to return to my Father & be welcomed home. I know that I haven't abandoned God or left completely, but my attention has been about a million other places rather than on the one person who really matters.

Our Father is patient.
{The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance. -2 Peter 3:9}


Our Father lavishes forgiveness.
{In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace that he lavished on us with all wisdom and understanding. -Ephesians 1:7-8}


Our Father is intimate.
{Before they call I will answer; while they are still speaking I will hear. -Isaiah 65:24}

Our Father shows unconditional love.
{The grace of our Lord was poured out on me abundantly, along with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus. Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners -- of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his unlimited patience as an example for those who would believe on him and receive eternal life. -1 Timothy 1:15-17}


Yet, O Lord, you are our Father.
We are the clay, you are the potter;
we are all the work of your hand.
                                           -Isaiah 64:8


Do you know who your Father is? I'm seeking Him out and desiring to know my Father more deeply than ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment