Tuesday, August 23

Oh, brothers let's go down...

‎"Today the heart of God is an open wound of love. He aches over our distance and preoccupation. He mourns that we do not draw near to Him. He grieves that we have forgotten him. He weeps over our obsession with muchness and manyness. He longs for our presence."


Oh, brothers let's go down, let's go down... come on down. Oh, brothers let's go down... down to the river to pray.


The past few weeks God has really opened my eyes. Our GOD is incredibly involved. He sees every detail of every single fragment of humanity.


After sitting through Kelly Minter's taping of her teaching series for her new study on Nehemiah, I have seen God begin to break my heart.


Nehemiah had a heart that could break. Do I have a heart that can truly be broken for anyone but myself? I don't think I do yet.


I'm not a stone-cold person, but by no means do I care enough. Do I love enough. Do I pray enough. Do I reach out enough. Do I mean enough.


I'm also reminded of Jesus' sweet nature when He weeps over his friends' hurt. Lazarus dies and Mary and Martha are torn in pieces. Jesus doesn't weep because Lazarus died, he wept because his friends were hurting and grieving and it grieved Him also.


Oh how badly I desire for Jesus to break my heart! His passion is not to sit in a holy huddle and sing songs. His desire is to see our faith lived out! To see lives changed from dead to being alive! Am I really about that? Do I live my life with the gospel on my lips?


I'm praying that God would truly break my heart and help me to see those that are without Him, those that are hurting, those who need help.


I don't want to continue to live for myself and keep Jesus under my own nose. Because it is NOT about me. It's about Him.


Oh, Father teach me to see with Your eyes and feel with Your heart, instead of my own.


“When I said, “My foot is slipping,” your unfailing love, LORD, supported me. When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought me joy.” Psalm 94:18-19

No comments:

Post a Comment