Thursday, August 4

Praise God from whom ALL blessings flow...

Well our news is out! We are pregnant with baby #2!!!!!! We can't wait to welcome this child in March :) It's been a very emotional couple months but every day we're getting more adjusted to this amazing little baby growing inside me.

Over 4th of July I checked my calendar to see that I was definitely late. So a few days later, I took "the test" (the fun thing that no one likes to talk about...) and it was negative. I brushed it off and said, "Well, maybe next month!" I wasn't upset or sad, just relieved to have an answer. I figured if I was truly late than the test is 99% effective.

Two weeks go by and I start getting pretty sick. I mean... stomach flu sick. Feverish, stomach turning, feeling worn out. So of course I tell Ben that I need to go to a walk-in clinic because I'm pretty sure I have the bug going around.

Ben says, "Why don't you take one more pregnancy test just to make sure?" So I lightly get a test and take it. After a few minutes I picked up the test without even looking at it and yell, "Ben, I'm not pregnant!!" Only to look down and see a second line! And I say, "Oh my gosh..." Ben comes running in and says, "You're pregnant, aren't you?!" And I hesitantly say, "Apparently so!"

We cried, hugged, and sat in total shock!!! It was not even on my radar that I could be pregnant. God totally surpassed all our expectations and decided to blow us away with this baby!!

{Praise God from whom all blessings flow
Praise Him all creatures here below
Praise Him above ye heavenly hosts
Praise Father, Son, & Holy Ghost.
Amen...}


Needless to say that things in the Tennant household are going to be changing over the next few months. And also, that means a bit of change for my blog as well!

I want to continue writing through this journey of grief, because I know it is only going to intensify through this next pregnancy as it already has. But I'd like to also write about some of my philosophies about pregnancy and birth. I'm not sure how it's all going to come together yet, but I'm excited to see what God gives me to write about.

Please continue to pray for Ben and I through this process. We have a long road ahead, but a blessed road it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment